So it has been way to long since I last blogged. Friends and family keep asking about it and things have just been kinda crazy.
So when I last blogged I was on my way to Sweden for the weekend. That adventure was fun especially having the time to explore and have time for myself. On Friday I left for the airport ridiculously early in the morning. I got to the Koln airport and waited for my plane. The flight was not very long and I slept most of it. When I landed in Stockholm I caught the train into town. I switched trains to find my hotel. I was so glad that I had found the hotel through Expedia and the reviews were accurate also the helpful directions one reviewer had put on the website. When I got there they said that they had a room ready if I wanted to check in early and leave my things. While I was in Stockholm I went and explored, I went and saw the Stockholm Palace and the shopping district as well as Old Town. I had originally been planning on doing a bus tour early Friday afternoon but when I went looking for the meeting place I wasn't able to find it but stumbled across the Stockholm Palace. The palace was beautiful and there was some kind of military demonstration. I walked a lot during my time in Stockholm. I was there Friday and Saturday then checked out on Sunday and headed back to the airport. I was ridiculously early to the airport. On the plane ride home the guy sitting next to me bought me a bottle of sparkling water and chocolate bar. Apparently he thought I was 15 and needed taking care of...
The second week of February the boys had a violin recital on Saturday but I went to their dress rehearsal on Friday.
The third week of February Koko traveled to Paris and to New York. Monday was Valentine's Day, I made chocolate chip cookies shaped like hearts to celebrate. After dinner Patrick and the boys came up to my room and we all had milk and cookies. Wednesday Patrick had night duty so Patrick took the boys to school in the morning on Wednesday and I had them over night on Wednesday and took them to school in the morning. Patrick got home from work and then picked the boys up from school.
Koko was home for the weekend and then went to Italy the next week. Patrick had night duty on Tuesday so we did the overnight routine again. Friday night Patrick went to a work Karnival party so I put the boys to bed again. Koko got home late that night.
This last week on Monday I labeled the kitchen in German because that is what we were learning about in class. Finni went to a Karnival themed Birthday Party. It was in the town next to Bad Godesberg we took the triobike and I got lost twice but we got there on time. Wednesday Patrick called to ask if I would make some cookies and also get some face paint with a new hat for Finni. Nico and I went into Bad Godesberg to get the things Patrick asked for as well as some things for Koko's birthday. That night Dana came over as I was finishing up making dinner, Patrick stopped by the house to tell me that he had a meeting at the Kinderhaus. So Dana helped me get the boys fed and cleaned the kitchen while I put the boys to bed. We baked the cookies that I had made dough for earlier in the day then we came upstairs to watch Ratatouille because she had never seen it. Thursday I picked the boys up from school early because they both had Karnival parties, we came home and the boys played outside while I made a cake for Koko and then Finni and I decorated the house. Patrick and Koko got home from their bike ride and then Patrick's parents got into town. Friday I took the boys to violin in the Triobike then dropped them off at Koko's office. I went and met up with Jackie and Dana at the church so that we could clean it. It was just the 3 of us to clean the whole church, it is a small ward building but still it took us about 2.5 hours. Saturday I went into Bad Godesberg and went to the Haribo Factory Store then went and saw Rango in English (which was a very good movie).
That brings me to today.
All in all the month was pretty uneventful, I did a lot of reading and got very far on my counter cross stitch. I miss Disney every day, having people to hang out with at work and afterwards. Real days off to go play in the parks. I miss that everyone at Disney was like me and really got me. I am trying to make friends here but it is really hard since I only know 2 girls my age. Disney really messed me up, I realized that there is a place where I fit in but I don't want to make popcorn for the rest of my life. I also made some amazing friends in Disney and some have remained my friends where ones I thought would be there forever have faded away. I really love the few that have reciprocated the desire to stay in touch. The skype dates and letters mean everything to me.
I miss my family so much, by the time I go home in May I will have spent 12 days at home in a year. For being such a homebody that isn't very much. I love that I get to talk with my mom everyday even though we are on opposite sides of the planet. I wait for the Saturdays that Natalie can spend with me. We had a day where the two of us talked for 7 hours on skype. I get so excited when Logan is on the computer and spends a few minutes talking with me. I love getting to see my dad on the weekends. I miss being with them in Utah. One morning the first thought I had was "I want to go home." I miss them everyday even though I get to talk to them it isn't the same.
I have been trying to figure out what exactly I am going to do when I go home in January. I know I am going back to school but it is a question of if the U is the right fit for me. Natalie has finally given me the O.K to go to USU if that is what I want. I might just do some classes at SLCC. I am not sure yet but I am still figuring it out. I do know that I want to go back to Disney next summer either as seasonal or as a CP Alumna. But there is still so much time before that can happen.
Anywho I thought that I should update this. Sorry there are no pictures I have a bunch but I am having trouble uploading them to my computer. I am going to get it fixed when I am home in May.
No comments:
Post a Comment