Saturday, January 8, 2011
Biking Biking and More Biking!
So today started off that I got up and got ready around 8. The boys were in the rumpus room next door watching Saturday morning cartoons. We all ate breakfast together, we had toast, chocolate chip bread, and blue berries. After breakfast the boys got ready and my orientation started. Koko, Nico and I all got on bikes, Finni was in the buggy and Patrick ran. We went through the park over to where Nico and Finni's group lesson is on Friday then back through the park and stopped at "The Pirate Park" which is a playground that has a ship theme. After we played for a bit we went over to Koko's work. When we got back home Max the violin teacher came over to give the boys each a lesson. After the lessons Koko and the boys headed to Bad Godesberg to get Koko's hair done before her trip. So Patrick showed me how I will be taking the boys to school on the bikes. I got to ride the bike that will be primarily mine when not pulling the buggy... it is called a trio bike. It has 7 gears and back peddling brakes. It was weird to be on that kind of bike again. We ended up in Bad Godesberg where the grocery store is and H&M. (After all that biking today Koko said that I probably did about 25 Kilometers which is approximately 16-18 miles.) We got back to the house before Koko and the boys so Patrick took a nap and I got to do a little facebooking and relax. When the boys got home Patrick and I started working on dinner... the boys had requested waffles so I was in charge of making those while Patrick made pasta and fresh sauce. It was a good way for me to get oriented with the kitchen and german ingredients. I helped the boys put away their drawing stuff and set the table. We all ate dinner together and talked. Koko offered to clean up because I had helped cook. Then I had an hour to hang out while Koko and Patrick put the boys to bed. Once the boys were down I met up with Koko and Patrick downstairs for our first meeting. We went over some basics and reviewed what we have done over the last two days. Tomorrow is church and planning meeting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow Brooke! Sounds like you're having a blast :) I'm looking forward to more tales of your adventure!
ReplyDelete