Sunday, January 9, 2011
Making friends from Scratch!
This morning we got up and all got ready for church. We made the train my seconds, the boys' stuff was in a wagon and Finni was sitting on top of it all. From the train we got on a bus which took us almost to the church. From there we walked the rest of the way to the church building. As soon as I walked in the building Nico ran off to Primary and I was caught by a sister in the ward named Steffy. She immediately asked if I was the new Au Pair for the Merls. I thought it was funny that everyone in the ward saw me coming from a mile away. Steffy showed me how to get to Relief Society and had me sit between her and Dana. Dana came over and gave me a big hug and proceeded to translate relief society for me. The relief society lesson was supposed to be welcoming a girl into relief society because she just turned 18 but the girl was sick today and the relief society president was left to wing the lesson. Koko teaches a Sunday school class that is in English so Dana went with me. I was the only one who had scriptures in English so I did a lot of reading. Sacrament meeting was last and Koko took the boys with her to run to the office before she left for her trip today. I had to wait for a bit after sacrament meeting for Patrick to be done with Bishopric stuff then our home teacher drove us home. When I got home I had a text from Dana that made my day! I am excited to have a new friend here. Patrick and I started working on dinner. We made Lasagna from scratch and no recipe!!! It was incredible and so much fun. I had a lot of fun learning more about Patrick, his cooking experience and his mission. Once the lasagna was in the oven I worked on dishes a little and then Patrick told me to take some time to chill out before Koko and the boys got home. So I folded some laundry and then proceeded to take a two hour nap that ended with Finni waking me up for dinner. Dinner was great and then I did dishes while Koko finished packing and the boys played. Once the dishes were done Nico, Finni and I played with Legos! Koko left for Japan and we kept playing. Patrick helped the boys with their violin practicing then it was time for them to go to bed. I got to skype with my dad and my mom tonight. I am so glad that I have been able to talk to them every night. It makes the perfect end to everyday. I miss my family and friends so much and love talking to people back home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment