Monday, January 17, 2011

Things are Looking Up!

Yesterday was soooooo relaxing! My phone alarm didn't go off in the morning so Patrick came up to make sure I was breathing. There wasn't enough time to get ready before heading to church so I got to sleep in. Yesterday was all about me relaxing and feeling better. I worked on coloring my counter cross stitch pattern all day. I also talked to Natalie most the day which was awesome. When the family got home we all just did our own thing and then the home teachers came over. They were really awesome... it is a father and son who are from Colorado. After they left we had dinner together and had more birthday cake with ice cream. We had our family meeting in the evening and we talked about this week and I also asked about the possibilities of me going home for Natalie's wedding. They looked at their own calendars and started looking at flight options! I called my family to let them know and we booked a flight! I am going to be in Utah for 4 days in May!!!! I get to see my baby sister get MARRIED!!! I am so excited!

Today was amazing. I wasn't kidding when I said that things were easier with Koko here. Everything in the house just runs so much more smoothly. Koko was doing the morning run but when we figured out that I needed to sign up for my german class today around the same time we decided that I would go with Koko and the boys to school then Koko would get me settled in my own class. The morning bike ride is so much easier when I don't have to pull the buggy. We decorated some cupcakes really quickly at Finni's school for his class to have for his birthday then headed to my lesson. I got all registered and went up to my class and found out that my hometeacher's wife is in the same class. I am so glad that I have someone that I know in a way. The class was really good we learned the german alphabet. I actually participated in class and was not afraid to make mistakes which is a first for me! (I think that going back to school next year is going to work out well as a side note, I have been worried about it but after today's class I had the realization that I have changed in the last year.) After class I came back home and worked on my counter cross stitch. Then I went to pick up Nico from school and we talked and played games the whole way home. Once we got home I turned on my iTunes while I made grilled cheese sandwiches. We had so much fun! We worked on homework then went to drop off a library book before picking up Finni. I had let Finni stay a little long today at Kindergarden because he always hates leaving and with his birthday being this past weekend I thought why not an extra half an hour to play. When we got to the Kinderhaus he still didn't want to leave so I gave he and Nico a few more minutes to play. I picked up the buggy and we rode back home. Finni fell asleep as usual and Nico and I continued to play games till we got home. My favorite game that we came up with today was that everytime we saw a train we had to decide where it was going and what the people in the train were going to do once they got to the location. Nico's best today was that there was a train going to Guam and the people were going to eat pancakes. Nico had psyomotorik class today so Finni and I dropped him off and Patrick picked him up. I made dinner that was sausages with some noodles and carrot sticks. Koko got home just after we had sat down to eat and Patrick had gone to a work dinner. After dinner the boys practiced violin and we had day 3 of birthday celebrations with cake and ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment