So today I got to ride the TrioBike with the bucket on it. When I headed downstairs to go get Nico from school I noticed that his bike was still in the garage but that Koko had left the TrioBike for me. So I decided that I would try it. It is quite the contraption. I will take a picture of it and post it here so that you can understand what it is. But it is a bike that doesn't have a front tire... instead it has this bucket with 2 tires on it so it is kind of like a backward tricycle. Anyways... it is weird to ride because the handlebars of the bike are attached to the bucket and so the bucket is directing. Also there is no suspension on this thing so bumps are really tough. The last thing I noticed about it was that if there is any slant at all you feel like you are going to fall over because you are biking sideways. It was really easy to ride over all though.
When I got Nico at school everyone was fascinated by the TrioBike. Parents and kids were asking me all sorts of questions about it. When we got home I made some lunch and we worked on homework. After homework we went to get Finni a little early because he had asked me yesterday that I try getting him around 2 instead of 3. It went well... he didn't give me any trouble but he didn't get his afternoon nap on the way home from school. I guess the TrioBike isn't the same as the buggy for sleeping? We played for a little when we got home then got ready to go to Finni's gym class. Nico brought a deck of Dinosaur information cards with him so that he could play with them while we waited for Finn to be done.
After class Martina came by to finish cleaning the house but started with the kitchen so I wasn't able to start working on dinner for a while. Finni had curled up on the couch and asked me to read him a story. We ended up reading 4 Curious George books, Peter Rabbit, One Fine Day, and Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?. It was a lot of reading but the boys enjoyed it. After I finished the Dr. Seuss book I went to start working on dinner. (Spaghetti, Marinara Sauce, and Sausages) I asked the boys to help clear off the table and set it. Nico jumped right up to come help. After a few minutes I went looking for Finni to see why he wasn't helping when I saw that he was asleep on the couch that we had been reading on. Nico helped me finish making dinner. Koko got home and set the table and put Finni to bed. Patrick was at Bishopric meetings so it ended up just being the 3 of us for a candlelit spaghetti dinner.
After dinner I cleaned up while Koko and Nico practiced the violin. I came upstairs and started watching Monsters Inc. (I have been watching all the Pixar movies with Commentary because all the Pixar movies at home are on VHS and now that I have them on DVD I get to see them with Commentary!!! I am such a geek but I am loving it... next are all the classic Disney movies with Commentary) I also got to talk with my mom and dad tonight! It was good to see them both.
I am now going to finish watching Monsters Inc. and head to bed. I am hopefully back on track with my blogging.
No comments:
Post a Comment