After we dropped off Finni we went over to Bad Gosdesburg to get me registered at the police. We waited a while and we just talked about movies... Koko and Patrick are always asking me about Pixar and movies (it makes me happy that they take an interest in something they don't avidly support and I try to ask about their interests too but I will need to practice). The actual registration didn't take long at all and a got some welcome to the area coupons that are good for 6 months. As we were walking back to our bikes I stopped to take a picture of the castle ruins at the top of the hill. Patrick noticed and said that we had time to walk up to them if I wanted to. So as to not let an opportunity pass me by I said that I wanted to see them. We hiked up the hill and Patrick told me that the castle just celebrated it's 800 anniversary and showed me all the different views from the top... we could see our house 4 miles away even through the fog.
After we got back into town Patrick took his bike on the U-Bahn because his back tire was flat so I was on my own to get the bike with the buggy home. It went well. I realized that going my own pace is a lot easier than how Patrick pushes the speed. I am sure that in a few weeks I will be able to keep up with the buggy. I got home and laid down for a little because my legs felt like they were alternating between jello and lead. Then it was time for Patrick and I to go pick up Nico at school. He thought that Nico got out at 12:30 but we figured out quickly that it wasn't until 12:45. So Patrick showed me where the bakery next to Nico's school was because we needed more bread. I was a very good girl and did not get any pastries though Patrick said that it was a habit I should start early in my time here. I figured that if I start going to the bakery this lovely work out program they have me on here will have no affect. Nico was very excited to see that his dad had the whole day off and proceeded to tell us about his day at school.
When we got home Nico played while I made pancakes for lunch (he asked so nicely and sweet talked me into it by saying the waffles I made the other day were his favorite). Koko called on Skype to finalize Finni's birthday party plans for Saturday with Patrick. I got to act as a tie breaker about where we will be going. Picking up Finni was un-eventful the boys were tired so Nico gave a little fuss about going with us but didn't want to stay home then Finni fell asleep in the buggy on the way home. The way home was a lot easier on the bike... I guess I had just been able to warm up by that point. At home Nico showed me his homework which I am completely lost on as it is all German. He thought he was pretty cool for knowing more about his homework than me.
As soon as homework was done we got the boys ready to go to Nico's psycho motor skills class which is essentially "Little Gyms" which was fun to watch Nico run around with the instructor. Patrick and I left to go find where soccer practice is going to be on Wednesday so Finni stayed at the gym to watch. After the class Nico and I went home and Patrick took Finni with him to get alphabet noodles for dinner. I played with the boys while Patrick cooked, he made soup for the boys and an awesome salad for us. I did dishes while the boys practiced violin then it was time for them to go to bed so we said our family prayer they gave me good night hugs and went upstairs.
Tomorrow I am going to be on my own for real this time and I am so nervous. I am sure we are going to be great... the boys are amazingly helpful.
A funny moment of today was that as we were getting done with violin practice I was telling Nico about how my dad used to practice with me just like his does. Nico asked if we could all skype my parents sometime because they are "nice boys now" I assured him that they were always nice boys but he corrected me and said that they get crabby sometimes but they are mostly good boys. It made me smile.
Wish me luck for tomorrow and keep me in mind as you drive 10+ miles and know that I am going to be biking that.
No comments:
Post a Comment